Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

have a fob that operates the alarm systemon my 1995 Z28

Customer Question

I don't have a fob that operates the alarm systemon my 1995 Z28, The battery discharged over the winter. Now that I am charging it the antitheft system is no longer on bypass, and sounds if I open the door. How do I bypass the alarm/antitheft in order to get it started? Can I get a replacement keyfob that will operate the alarm system?.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carfix4you replied 7 years ago.
Hello Z28, and welcome to Just Answer. At any time you have any questions about the question you asked, need wiring diagrams, images, or service information, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to help you solve your vehicles problem. You can purchase these from any GM dealer, or some internet sites have them. I uploaded the procedure in pdf format here to Just Answer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions about your initial question or need any more diagrams, please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a VSS-350 Remote vehicle security system. I am trying to get it back into valet mode, but can't find a disarm button. Where are these most commonly hidden?
This is not a factory alarm?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
don't think factory alarms were an option, The manual in the glove compartment is for a Goodwrench VSS-350 Remote vehicle security system
I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Thanks again for choosing Just Answer!
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 years ago.

Is there a Red Light mounted near the driver area?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I have a red light. I took apart the dash traced the brown wire that was the disarm button to a broken off switch, cut the wires and crossed them and stopped the alarm placing it back into valet mode.

Now, how do I get it to recognize fob signals again, as well as arm and disarm the alarm. The Fob I have has an open close and trunk button, Thanks

Sorry for the wait, but I do not have the procedure for Transmitter Programming