Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

How do I program a keyless entry remote for a 2000 Blazer?

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

this may help

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Transmitter Programming

IMPORTANT: Different keyless entry systems are used on General Motors vehicles. The parts are not interchangeable even though the parts may appear to be similar. Observe the back of the transmitter in order to properly identify the system. On 2000 SIT pickups and utilities, use a transmitter identified with GM/UTA preceding the part number.

1. With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  6. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:
6.1.Locking the doors
6.2.Unlocking the doors

IMPORTANT: All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated.

1. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner:
7.1.Locking the doors.
7.2.Unlocking the doors.
  1. Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
  3. In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool Instructions . Memory Seat Recall Programming
  1. Adjust the driver seat to the desired position.
  2. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard.
  3. Press the desired position switch labeled 1 or 2. Within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch, a chime confirmation will be heard.
  4. Press the UNLOCK button on the desired transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch. A chime confirmation will be heard.
    • The transmitter (key fob) is now programmed with the desired position switch. Pressing the transmitter UNLOCK button will cause a recall request to be initiated and the seat will adjust to position 1 or 2.
    • The stored memory positions may be changed without having to reprogram the transmitter.
    • The transmitter feature is available in all ignition positions.

Memory Seat Recall Unprogramming

1. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard.
  2. Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch.
  3. Do not press any memory switch or power adjustment for 5 seconds . Pressing a switch will cancel the unprogramming event and the transmitter will remain programmed.
    • The transmitter (key fob) is now unprogrammed and pressing the UNLOCK button will not effect memory seat operation.
    • No chime confirmation will be heard when the UNLOCK button is pressed if the transmitter is unprogrammed.
    • Transmitter Synchronization
      1. Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the RKE system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the receiver.
      2. The receiver will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
      3. Resynchronization may be necessary under the following conditions:
        • The battery in the transmitter is replaced. The battery in the transmitter is weak.
        • The battery in the vehicle has been in a low or no charge condition for an extended period of time.
      1. In order to resynchronize the transmitter with the receiver, perform the following steps:
      4.1.Stand within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle.
      4.2.Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds .
      The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization.
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much. It was a little difficult to get the vehicle to go into the program mode, but it finally cooperated.

great

glad you got it

please leave good feedback...thanks for useing justanswer

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic