Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 2003 chevy tahoe and the PCM B fuse has blown twice

I have a 2003 chevy tahoe and the PCM B fuse has blown twice and when it does it causes the car to die. What would cause this to blow. The first time it happened was about 2 weeks ago on the freeway. We have not driven the much since then and took it in today for a 90k major service and the same thing happened to the mechanic.
There are two orange wires that go from the underhood fuse panel to the PCM. You will need to trace the wiring harness to locate where the wiring may have chafed and shorted to ground. Since the problem is intermittent the short may be hard to locate.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the response. Would the wires be something easily replaced outside of a mechanics garage?
Yes, you could replace or insulate the section of wire that is damaged. Make sure to seal all connections to prevent any additional problems.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You've been a great help. Whats the probability it is anything other wires?

It is not likely. The schematic only shows the two wires on that circuit. Here is the schematic.

Object Number: 831542  Size: FS