Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

EBCM CODE C0265 / ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT COME ON SOMETIMES WHEN

EBCM CODE C0265 / ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT COME ON SOMETIMES WHEN I START AND OTHER TIMES IT DOESNT. 2002 CHEVY S 10. HOW DO GET THE LIGHTS OFF AND RESET THE COMP? UNPLUG THE BATTERY?THANKS:)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 8 years ago.

hi

i will send you the fix it chat for the 310 and the 325 abs systems[i dont know wich one you have]this will help you find the problem

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

310 ABS

Circuit Description
The EBCM internal relay supplies battery voltage to all six valve solenoids and the pump motor. The low side of each solenoid coil has a feedback circuit to the EBCM microprocessor. When the relay is commanded off, feedback voltage is low. When the EBCM relay is commanded on, feedback voltage is high.

Conditions for Running the DTC

• The ignition is ON.
  • The IPC bulb check is complete.
  • The vehicle is moving at a speed greater than 5 km/h (3 mph).

Conditions for Setting the DTC
C0265
The EBCM microprocessor detects low feedback voltage from all of the valve solenoids when the relay is commanded on.

C0266
The EBCM microprocessor detects high feedback voltage from all of the valve solenoids when the relay is commanded off.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The ABS and BRAKE indicators are commanded on.
  • The ABS is disabled for the remainder of the ignition cycle.
  • The EBCM aborts all other self-tests for components that are powered by the relay (DTC C0265 only).

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

• Repair the condition(s) responsible for setting the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
  • Use a scan tool in order to clear the DTC.

Diagnostic Aids
C0265
An intermittent DTC C0265 may be caused by a problem in the battery positive voltage circuit wiring or connection to the EBCM.
Thoroughly inspect connections or circuitry that may cause an intermittent malfunction. Inspect for the following:

• Backed out terminals
  • Improper mating
  • Broken locks
  • Corrosion
  • Improperly formed or damaged terminals
  • Poor terminal-to-wiring connections
  • Physically damaged wiring
  • Wiring broken inside the insulation

C0266
An intermittent Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C0266 can be set by a number of internal EBCM problems. If DTC C0266 continues to set intermittently, replace the EBCM.

Test Description

The number below refers to the step number on the diagnostic table.

1. This step tests if the battery positive voltage circuit can supply adequate power to the EBCM internal relay.
325 ABS

Circuit Description

Conditions for Running the DTC

• The ignition is ON.
  • The IPC bulb check is complete.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
C0265

C0266

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The ABS and DRP are disabled for the remainder of the ignition cycle.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

• Repair the condition(s) responsible for setting the DTC.

Diagnostic Aids
C0265

• Backed out terminals
  • Improper mating
  • Broken locks
  • Corrosion
  • Poor terminal-to-wiring connections
  • Physically damaged wiring
  • Wiring broken inside the insulation

C0266
An intermittent DTC C0266 can be set by a number of internal EBCM problems. If DTC C0266 continues to set intermittently, replace the EBCM.

Test Description