cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ase mastertech. shop owner and tech
1511099

Cavalier: this said loc, how can unlocked this radio

Customer Question

I try to install my cavalier 2002 radio but this said loc, how can unlocked this radio. Thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

Welcome. With the key on, press and hold the 2 and 3 preset buttons. Record the 3 digit code. Then press the am/fm button and record the second 3 digit code. Reply with those codes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My car loses power, you can tell me what are the instructions to try to fix the radio? I want to try repair this when I charge the battery. Thank You!

The instructions are to get the codes so I can get you the unlock code.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How can I contact after when charging the battery if I have any problem and to receive payment for your answer

Just reply to this post and I will answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my battery is ok now. I press the 2 and 3 button but does nothing

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi, are you there?

Yes, I was playing lego with my kids. Ok, yours is the newer style then, which requires the radio be setup with a scan tool. It will take only a few minutes. Below are the instructions.

Radio Setup

For the DE 100 series radio, complete the following procedure, using a scan tool, in order to properly set up communication:

1. At the Main Menu screen, select: Diagnostics.
  2. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following options:
    Model Year
    Passenger Car
  3. At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body.
  4. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the Platform type.
  5. At the Body screen, select: Radio.
  6. At the Radio screen, select: Special Functions.
  7. At the Special Functions screen, select: Radio Setup.
  8. At the Radio Setup screen, press ENTER. The following test will set up a new or existing radio.
  9. Select one of the following Regular Production Options (RPO) using the arrow keys and press ENTER.
    UM6-Pontiac Only
    UM7
    U1C
    UPO
    U1P + UW6
    U1Q + UW6
    U1P + U85
    U1Q + U85
  10. Select one of the following options:
    USA/Canada
    Export
  11. Press the ENTER key.
  12. Verify that the scan tool displays "Test in Progress."
  13. Verify that the scan tool displays "Test Completed Successfully."
  14. Press EXIT on the scan tool.

Important: The radio set up will configure the following systems:

LEARN VIN
    Diagnostic Trouble Codes
    Class 2 Radio Messages
    Country Code
    Chime Volume
    Chime Level
    12/24 Hour Clock
    Without learning the VIN, the radio will display a locked message (LOC).

The radio setup procedure will also clear the following messages:

CAL
    CAL ERR
    CALIBRATE

15. Cycle the ignition. Set up is complete.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for answer me. My radio has no menu, this is same as the original. This said Delphi Delco Electronics Ser Man 2 Part No. 10309459 and down the code bar have this number *89DMMRM112336443*
Expert:  cartech replied 5 years ago.
he means you need to take the car to someone that has a obd2 scanner that is capably of doing a radio setup this particular radio needs the scanner to unlock it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the original radio but the cd do not work, I buy other (which is unable to install, apart from cleaning the cd that can do something else to see if it works because I went to install the original and does not asks me a code.
Expert:  cartech replied 5 years ago.
thats because the computer reconizes the radio as the one that was in it you must do a radio set-up for the new radio to work and a scanner is required there isnt any other options