Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 20+ years experience. 9 years self employed. Expert on AUTOLAB Radio Show

2000 z24 headlights wont come..bulbs..light flashes..service engine

Customer Question

have a 2000 z24 headlights wont come on fuses good bulbs good, lil green light flashes on right display then service engine lite comes on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer Did the engine light start coming on when the headlights stopped functioning?

Your JA Expert,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

just got the car low beams not work then high beams went. bought new switch for column. rather not change it f dont have to is the car supposed to have daytime running light f so they dont come on think the lil green light supposed have something to do with them

Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

Yes I believe you are correct, that green light does usually represent DRLs. This is what we are going to do then. Look at this diagram, see if it makes sense to you for testing. If you need guidance from there, let me know and I'll tell you what to look for.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what do i do to fix this problem need to get it fixed asap wife needs to drive after dark. sorry it takes so long to get back but i work alot also could this have something to do with the security sys in car

Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.
Start by checking the 3 fuses in the diagram for power. Then check for power on the Orange wire at the right headlight and the Dark Blue at the left headlight. Get back to me with your results and I'll tell you where we are going next.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ivan your help was great turn out to be shorted wires in the circuit. had a tech from local chevy garage fix it thank you
Expert:  Ivan replied 7 years ago.

Awesome, Fantastic, I'm glad I could be a part of it. You're very welcome and feel free to reach out to me if you need anything in the future.