Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

how to remove a rotor from a chevy express van

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.
what is the year?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2003 2500 5.3L 2WD

ok

i think this will help you

thanks

Front Hub and Bearing

FRONT HUB/BEARING

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

NOTICE: Support the caliper with a piece of wire to prevent damage to the brake line.

1. Remove the brake caliper.
  2. Remove the cap from the hub/rotor.
  3. Remove the cotter pin, the nut, and the washer. Important: Do not damage the outer bearing and the spindle threads.
  4. Remove the hub/rotor from the spindle.
  5. Remove the outer bearing.
  6. Remove the seal. Pry the seal out and discard the seal.
  7. Remove the inner bearing. NOTICE: Do not spin the wheel bearings with compressed air to dry them-the wheel bearings may be damaged.
  8. Clean all of the parts in a solvent, then air dry. Do not spin the bearings with compressed air.
  9. Inspect the hub/rotor.
  10. Inspect the bearings and the races for wear or damage. Replace the parts as necessary.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Important:

• Make sure all of the parts are clean and free of grease.
  • Apply an approved high-temperature front wheel bearing grease to the spindle at the inner and outer bearing seat, the shoulder, and the seal seat.
  • Also, finger apply a small amount of grease inboard of each bearing cup in the hub/rotor.
  • Pressure pack the bearings with a greasing machine, or hand pack the bearings. Make sure the grease is worked thoroughly into the rollers, the cone, and the cage.
  1. Install the inner bearing to the hub/rotor.
  2. Apply an additional quantity of grease outboard of the inner bearing.
  3. Install the seal.
3.1.Lubricate the seal lip.
3.2.Use a seal installation tool or a flat block in order to press the seal down flush with the hub.
3.3.Seat the outer bearing and the cup.

Important: Do not scuff the spindle threads.

1. Install the hub/rotor to the spindle.
  2. Install the outer bearing to the hub/rotor.
  3. Install the washer. Important: Adjust the wheel bearings. NOTICE: Always use the correct fastener in the proper location. When you replace a fastener, use ONLY the exact part number for that application. The manufacturer will call out those fasteners that require a replacement after removal. The manufacturer will also call out the fasteners that require thread lockers or thread sealant. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, do not use supplemental coatings (paints, greases, or other corrosion inhibitors) on threaded fasteners or fastener joint interfaces. Generally, such coatings adversely affect the fastener torque and joint clamping force, and may damage the fastener. When you install fasteners, use the correct tightening sequence and specifications. Following these instructions can help you avoid damage to parts and systems.
  4. Install the nut. Tighten
7.1.Tighten the nut to 16 Nm (12 ft. lbs.) , while turning the wheel assembly forward by hand.
7.2.Apply grease to the outboard side of the outer bearing.
  1. Install the brake caliper.

this should do it

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this particular rotor does not have a hub nut in the middle its beveleved in

hmmmm

i may have the wrong info here...i will opt out and let another one of our guys pick this up

thanks