JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

How do you replace headlight on 2005 chevy classic

Customer Question

how do you replace headlight on 2005 chevy classic
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 years ago.
Service and Repair
Notes

HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY OR HEADLAMP BULB AND/OR CORNERING, SIDEMARKER, PARK, TURN SIGNAL BULB REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Caution: Refer to Halogen Bulb Caution in Service Precautions.

1. Open the hood.

1. Remove the bolts from the headlamp assembly. IMPORTANT: Hold the headlamp to prevent damage to the headlamp or to the fascia.
  2. Lift the headlamp assembly to unseat the tabs on the bottom and the edge of the fender.

1. Disconnect the electrical connector from the headlamp assembly.
  2. Remove the headlamp assembly away from the vehicle, if necessary.

1. Remove the headlamp bulb access cover by rotating the headlamp bulb access cover counterclockwise, if necessary.

1. Remove the headlamp bulb from the housing by rotating the socket counterclockwise, if necessary.

1. Disconnect the headlamp bulb electrical connector, if necessary.

1. Remove the park/turn bulb access cover by rotating the cover counterclockwise, if necessary.

1. Remove the park/turn bulb from the housing by rotating the socket counterclockwise, if necessary.

1. Gently pull the park/turn bulb from the socket, if necessary.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Install the park/turn bulb into the bulb socket.

1. Install the park/turn bulb socket into the headlamp housing by rotating the socket clockwise.

1. Install the park/turn bulb access cover by rotating the cover clockwise.

1. Connect the headlamp bulb to the headlamp electrical connector.

1. Install the headlamp bulb into the headlamp housing. Rotate the socket clockwise until locked.

1. Install the headlamp bulb access cover by rotating the cover clockwise.

1. Connect the electrical connector to the headlamp assembly.

1. Position the headlamp assembly to the vehicle. Ensure that the tabs on the bottom and the fender edge are seated.
  2. Install the bolts to the headlamp assembly. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions. Tighten the bolts to 2 N.m (18 lb in) .
  3. Close the hood.
  4. Inspect the headlamp alignment. Adjust the headlamp alignment, if necessary. Refer to Headlamp Aiming .