BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

Transmision shifts slow?

Customer Question

Transmision shifts slow? in a 1996 1500 4x4 chevy
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BigBob replied 7 years ago.

Is there a check engine light/service engine soon light on? When did you last have the transmission filter replaced?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no check engine lite, not positive on the change just bought the truck
Expert:  BigBob replied 7 years ago.
Can you check the color of the transmission fluid? It should be pretty pinkinsh color. Also have you checked the level?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yea the fluid is brown dosent smell burt, and the level is fine, almos seems like one of the selonoids is sticking in the valve body but some friends told me that dosent make sense so i wanted an experts opinion

Expert:  BigBob replied 7 years ago.
If one of the solenoids was cauding a problem it would usually set a check engine light. First thing to do is change the filter and gasket, then have it flushed with a flush machine, a shop will also use an additive like bg products. Sounds more like plugged up filter.

let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,

my information is not free, I have to pay for it, please don’t forget to accept, I don’t get paid until you do, because you made a deposit does not mean you have paid