Travis
Travis, Chevy Technician
Experience:  7+ years of GM dealership experience, GM ASEP trained, Assoc. Degree in Auto. Tech.
14792462

I have silverado 1999, 2500 and i have radio code to unlock radio

i have silverado 1999, 2500 and i have radio code to unlock radio but no process to do it.

Thanks for the question.

So you have already had the 6 digit radio code convertered to the 4 digit unlock code?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YES I HAVE 0311 CODE BUT I CANT REMEMBER HOW TO PUT IT IN. I THOUGHT IT WAS "HIT THE HOUR BUTTON, PUT 311 IN AND HIT AM FM BUTTON BUT IT ISNT WORKING. AFTER I TRIED THAT , A CODE "10P CAME UP.

Yes, use the hour and min buttons to get the display to 0311, then press the AM/FM button to enter the code, then the display should show "SEC". I have never seen a code "10P" come up. I have seen INOP come on the screen when the code was entered incorrectly too many times.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MAYBE IT SAYS INOP BUT I THINK THE N IS MESSED UP ON MY DISPLAY.WHAT DO I DO SINCE THAT CAME UP?

If it does not say LOC, LOCKED, or CODE, then it is probably INOP. The code cannot be entered in wrong more than 7 or 8 times, and if it is, then the radio will show INOP and be locked down.

What you will need to do to get the screen back to the LOC display it leave the key ON for 1 hour, no less, or until the display says LOC. After that, enter the code in and the radio should unlock.

If you do this, make sure all lights, ac controls, etc are off so the battery does not die, or put the battery on a charger.

If you can give me the 6 digits you got from your radio, I can check to make sure they are correct.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK. JUST TO BE SAFE, THE PROCESS IS , 1ST HIT HOUR AND MIN BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME, 2ND HIT AMFM BUTTON AND THEN PUT CODE IN?

1st: Hold HR button to enter the first 2 digits

2nd: Press MIN button to set the second 2 digits.

3rd: Press AM/FM

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK. SINCE I DONT HAVE A "0" BUTTON ON MY DISPLAY(0311), I JUST HIT 3 FIRST?

That is correct.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANK YOU

You are welcome, please let me know if you need any other help on this.

Thanks again,

Travis