George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Suburban: an auto meter oil pressure gauge up at on a 1996 vortec 5.7

where is an easy to get to oil pressure port to hook an auto meter oil pressure gauge up at on a 1996 vortec 5.7 fom a suburban ?

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you use a "tee" you can use the oil pressure sender to run the vehicle information to the PCM and have your gauge in the cab

The Oil sender is located at the left side of the block by the oil cooler/filter

Let me know if you have questions

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I thought the sending unit on the 96's was on the back center of the 5.7 below the distributer and behind the intake . I was hoping there was another port easy to get to. Like close to the oil filter are you sure there is one there ?

This is the oil pressure switch you are thinking of it is for the fuel pump and could be used but as you say it is hard to access.

graphic

The sender port is next to the oil cooler adapter.and may have a plug or a sender depending on how your truck was setup but you can tap into the oil galley there for your gauge.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks much :)

I've been looking for a diagram and this is from a 1999 VIN R 5.7 (same VIN as yours) the port is on the flat above the filter in this diagram

graphic

Thanks for using JA!!