GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

what is a TREC fuse and where do I find it

Customer Question

what is a TREC fuse and where do I find it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.
Welcome. The TREC fuse is the fuse that powers the transfer case module and the location varies by vehicle so if you can tell me what you drive I will tell you where it is.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I was just on this site and they recommended we disable the 4wd nfuse and the trec fuse. It is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 light truck with a v8 vortec engine with 120,000 miles on it. We were able to disable the 4wd fuse but do not know what or where a TREC fuse is.

Ok, refer back to your last question and DAN will continue to assist you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just an FYI before I click accept. We did what your expect said to do, but when we took it to our mechanic the next day he simply said, the fuses were blown. Once they were replaced the truck was fine.
I only offered you the advice of the location then advised you to continue dealing with the other expert!! I don't feel that you should have accepted my advice and I was not expecting it. I will get you a refund provided you are willing to retract your feedback and I was not the one that sent you to a mechanic.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't think I could have done anything but accept. The website is set up so that you have to click reply in order to complete the transaction. Yes, Dan did lead us to the fuse, but I just feel he should have told us to check the fuse to see if it was blown. We looked for the TREC fuse for some time and then found out he should have said the ATC fuse, not the TREC fuse. In my opinion that's pretty elementary. I don't think my feedback was negative; it was just an FYI. If you reply back, please use this email [email protected]. We were not at home when this happened so I used their computer. I was not looking for a refund; however a refund on one of the charges would be appreciated, since I had to log back on because we could not find the TREC fuse and then had another charge. Just wanted you to know the outcome.

First off, you did select negative feedback which affects my rating, and all I said was the location of the fuse. I am GM tech, not DAN, and therefore you left me the negative feedback. As for the reply and accepting, you can reply without accepting. I would greatly appreciate it if you can reverse the negative feedback from my profile and send it where you were told to take it to the dealer, which was Dan.

I cannot rear your e-mail as it is against site policy and is blocked. I appreciate you replying and I hope we can reach an understanding in the matter. I will also agree to a refund of the money you paid me as I really did not help you.