Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

i have a 2000 blazer,brake lights dont work ,everything else

i have a 2000 blazer,brake lights dont work ,everything else does replaced brake swich and fuses what could be the problem
Hello <a href=""Customer

Does the 3rd ( high mount brake) light work?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no,none of the brake lights work,buck up lights,tail lights head lights,blinkers,all work
Do you have a test light or a volt meter and want to do a few test?

Did the 3rd brake light work before?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all the brakes lights worked before,i dont have a test light or anything,sorry
I have replaced many multifunction switches in these blazers for this problem but the 3rd brake light worked when the others didn't.
Check the 20 amp STOPLP fuse in the under hood fuse box first.
If that fuse is ok, you will need either a test light or a volt meter to perform some tests. You can pick up a test light at an auto part store for less than $10.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we already replaced the stoplp fuse,the 3rd brake light stopped working first then the other brake lights stopped
Was the fuse blown?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we thought it might of been so replaced it but it did"nt help any
Ok you will need a test light to test come circuits. I can help you with it if you want me to.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok,iam going to go get a test light right now take me about 15 to 20 min
Watch this short vedio on youtube on the basic on a test light.

Take the test, hook it up to a ground under the dash. Make sure it works.
On the connector to the brake switch,There is an orange wire and a white wire. With the switch still cannected, Check for power on the orange wire and then check for power on the white wire with the pedal depressed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok,the connector works,if the pedal is depressed the orange wire and the white wire works if the pedal is not depressed the orange wire works and the white one don"t
Ok That means the brake light switch is working. Now lets check it going through the multi function switch. At the bottom of the steering column, You will see a big connector with a bunch of wires. A1 is a white wire. Should have power when push brake pedal. E6 is a dark green wire with a white stripe and E7 is a yellow wire with a white stripe. Check those for power with the brake pedal depressed.
Let me know if you have trouble finding them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok,the A1 wire lights up,the other ones don"t.but if we run a wire from the brake switch to the bulb on the back brake the will work kind of hot wire it,but the 3rd brake still wont work
With the yellow wire with the black stripe (E7) and the dark green wire with teh white stripe (E6) not haveing power with the pedal pushed means the multifunction switch is bad. If you run a jumper wire from the whit wire to one of those wires, a brake light should come on.
As far as the 3rd light. Check the fuse VECHIMSL under the hood fuse box for power when the pedal is pushed. You can leave the fuse in there and take the test light and touch the top of the fuse. There is 2 metal tips on the top of the fuse. Check both sides.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok the fuse is good
The 3rd brake light could be burnt out. Try unpluging the 3rd brake light and take the tast light and stick one end to one terminal and the other end to the other terminal. Press on the brake pedal and see if it lights up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok,thank you so very much for all your help
Just ask if need any more help.