Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

92 g20: loss of power going up hill..van..either the fuel pump

I have a loss of power going up hill on a 92 g20 van. A mechanic told me it was either the fuel pump or the control module. Is this the ignition control module and where is it located? I bought one and want to install it as it is the cheaper of the two problems. If this does not work I will put a new fuel pump in. Will I have to pull the gas tank?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi

the module is in the distibuter,just under the cap....sounds more like the fuel pump or mabe a clogged filter...yes the tank will need to be removed to install a new pump

thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could you tell me where the main computer module is located and how to reset it on this vehicle. I was mistaken and thought the mechanic meant the ignition module.

hi

to rest the computer on this model..all you need to do is remove the negative battery cable for about 10 seconds,then reinstall...this will not fix the problem though...i think you may need a fuel pump...

thanks