Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1999 chevy suburban and the check gages light comes on intermitten.

Customer Question

i have a 1999 chevy suburban and the check gages light comes on intermitten. it is also making a slight ticking noise
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi

this may be happening because of low oil presure...watch it the next time the check gages light comes on,,see if the oil presure is low..if so ,see if when you give it a little throttle the presure will go up a little and the light will go off...this can be caused by the rod and main bearings

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do .it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP