Michael Moore
Experience:  ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.

2001 Chevy Venture: getting code..I replace the canister purge control

I am getting code P0443 on my 2001 Chevy Venture. Shall I replace the canister purge control solenoid and if I should where is it and how do I replace it?

This code id for the evap purge valve (solenoid), the valve is easy to replace. If there is a engine cover over the top of the engine, remove it. The valve will be on the drivers side of the engine compartment towards the back. It has one plastic hose going to it and one rubber hose. Remove the hoses and disconnect the eletrical. remove the bolt amd replace the valve. You can not get any of the hoses backwards, they will not fit in the wrong place.

• Turn OFF the ignition.
  • Disconnect the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve electrical connector.
    Object Number: 669537  Size: SH
    Disconnect the EVAP canister purge valve pipe and vacuum supply hose.
    Object Number: 576032  Size: SH

• Remove the EVAP canister purge valve retaining bolt.
  • Remove the EVAP canister purge valve from the intake manifold.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Thanks for your help. I located the purge valve and found out that the electrical connector was disconnected. Apparently the mechanic forgot to reconnect upon reassembly when replacing my intake manifold gasket. I am now awaiting for the service engine soon light to turn off by itself

It may take awile bofore it turns off, you may want to stop by where you got the intake repaired, tell them what happened and ask them to clear the code.