Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

97 CHEVY TAHOE: IT GOES IN REVERSE AND DRIVE BUT IT WANTSHIFT OUT WHAT

Customer Question

I HAVE A 97 CHEVY TAHOE AND I PUT A TRANSMISSION IN IT AND IT GOES IN REVERSE AND DRIVE BUT IT WANTSHIFT OUT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi

if it is staying in 1st gear..check the big round wire plug on the assenger side just above the trans fluid pan...make sure it is connected well...this may be caused by the 1-2 shift solinoid on the valvebody..is best to change both shift solinoids why you have the pan off..if you have any engine codes please give them to me so i can further assist you

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do .it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP