frank
frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,
1816887

97 blazer: that needs the oil cooler lines replaced..baffled..old one

I have a 97 blazer that needs the oil cooler lines replaced. I have the new lines but am baffled on how to get the old one out. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
They are bolted in to the mounting plates with a 13mm bolt.There is also a 10 mm support bolt at the power steerung-but to get the lines in and out,you have to jack the engine up by the starter muonting bolts (yes-jack the passenger side of the engine up)to get enough room to pull them thru.Also a 3 foot long extention and 13 mm swivel sockets works best at the engine adapter plate,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hey Frank Thanks for your reply. How much do you think this would cost to have a repair shop do it

About $150 +or-
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think that would be acceptable. I would love to do it myself but don't want to start it and not be able to finish it. Thank you very much for your help.
Your welcome-its a lot easier up in the air with the correct tools.