John Hicks
John Hicks, Chevy Technician
Experience:  I have been working on cars since I was 7. Currently self employed doing mobile auto repair.

98 chevy blazer 4.3 L. how do i set my distributor back in timing

Customer Question

I have a 98 chevy blazer 4.3 L. how do i set my distributor back in timing
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John Hicks replied 7 years ago.
Start the engine and let engine warm up to operating temp. After the engine is warm, pop the hood and look at the wiring harness that comes from the distributor, you will see a small black or grey connector on one of the wires that comes out of the distributor. You have to disconnect that wire and then you loosen the bolt that holds the distributor in place. After that, use a timing light (connected to #1 cylinder) to adjust the base timing to 10 degrees before top dead center. then tighten the distributor bolt back down and reconnect the ditributor wire. Your timing is now set and you are ready to go.