2004 suburban: blowing..out hot air on drivers side..actuators

Customer Question

hello, 2004 suburban is blowing out hot air on drivers side when a/c is on. If the actuators are bad are they easy to replace and how many do I need to buy? thanks, jeff
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Do you have auto climate control, or is this manual control?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it has auto
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know if this will help but the a/c will work fine for 20 to 30 min. then will start blowing hot air on drivers side then I can shut the suburban down and then start back up and it will start blowing cold air again. also the other night the heater would not blow hot air out the drivers side and turning off then on again didn't work. thanks!
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

If this is an actuator problem which most of the time this is, you would only need to buy one. The drivers side temp actuator would be the problem. There is a calibration I would recommend trying. I have seen this cure many problems just like this one. Here is how this is done. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

• Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  • Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
  • Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.
  • Start the vehicle.
  • Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    okay I will give it a shot if I still need the actuator replaced where is it located?
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

This actuator is located underneath the bottom side of the dash. You may need to remove the underdash sound insulator to access this point.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    I tried the fuse removal and reinstall method and it started blowing hot air from the start. I guess I will replace the actuator It is on the passenger side?
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

Its actually about in the middle. Here is a view from the bottom side of the heater box.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    okay thanks!
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
    No problem! Thanks for using!
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    hello again, I ordered a new actuator off of ebay and it was the wrong one. the pins on the new actuator were not the same. mine has 2 pins a space and then 3 pins. I am trying to send it back for a refund or exchange and need a delco part number. I can't seem to find a number online anywhere, could you possibly know the right part number? I wrote down all the numbers off the actuator in the suburban when I had it out. by the way your directions were spot on thanks! the numbers I saw were underneath a barcode 07 52402588 and below that was C3540827B. On the side was another barcode and under it was 72978442 and 040797.the last 8 numbers of the vin are 4G267521. thanks again
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
    I will have to get back with you tomorrow on the correct part number for this model if that is ok for you. I am at home at this point and do not have access to the gm catalog.
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    yes that will be fine, I really appreciate your time I know how busy you guys can be. I looked at rockauto and found a couple of different parts listed but I just wanted to be sure. The ebay guy said he would credit me for the new one if I had a correct part number. I have been telling all of my friends and co-workers about you so I hope to send some business your way. thanks,jeff
    Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
    We appreciate that. I will be in touch as soon as I can get my hands on the proper part number!
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    hello, just checking in to see if you had a part number for me? thanks,jeff