GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

How do I set the clock on my 2003 Malibu?

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.

Welcome. Below are the instructions to set the clock.

Setting the Time for Radios with Radio Data Systems (RDS)

Press and hold the HR or MN buttons for two seconds. The clock symbol will appear on the display. Press and hold HR until the correct hour appears on the display. AM or PM will appear for morning or evening hours. Press and hold MN until the correct minute appears on the display. The time can be set with the ignition on or off.

To synchronize the time with an FM station broadcasting Radio Data System (RDS) information, press and hold HR and MN at the same time for two seconds until UPDATED and the clock symbol appear on the display. If the time is not available from the station, NO UPDAT will appear on the display.

RDS time is broadcast once a minute. After tuning to an RDS broadcast station, it may take a few minutes for the time to update.