Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector

2006 Trailblazer: the service stabilitrak light..restarting

On our 2006 Trailblazer the stabilitrak light and the service stabilitrak light have been coming on lately. They are gone after restarting the vehicle. Is this a known computer glitch or should I be worried? The vehicle operates properly when driving with those 2 lights on.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 7 years ago.
hello and welcome to just answer.

The only way to find out if you should be "worried" or if the vehicle operates properly is to scan the system for codes and data. This should give you a piece of mind or help to diagnose a malfunction if there is any.
Once you have retrieved a code then you can perform any further diagnosis if necessary. There are a number of causes why the light may come on and speculating or replacing components randomly could get expensive.

If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,