Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

The oil filter adapter on a 4.3 1991 S10 4X4 blazer is leaking,badly.

Customer Question

The oil filter adapter on a 4.3 1991 S10 4X4 blazer is leaking,badly. I went and got a seal gasket kit for it thinking it would be an easy fix. I dopped the driveline, took the adapter loose from the block, loosened the line from the block and still do not have access to the seal or gasket. What do you suggest i do to complete my project? Thanks for your assistance.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 years ago.

It will be necessary to remove both lines from the adapter to gain the necessary room to remove it.

Object Number: 344049  Size: SH

• Raise the vehicle. .
  • Remove the steering linkage shield.
  • Position a suitable drain pan for the engine oil to drain into when the hoses are removed.
  • Remove the remote oil filter inlet and outlet hose clip bolt from the oil pan.
    Object Number: 413735  Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above image.
  • Remove the bolt attaching the remote oil filter inlet and outlet hoses to the remote oil filter adapter.
  • Remove the remote oil filter inlet and outlet hoses and the seals from the remote oil filter adapter.