Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC

2005 chevy cavalier: grinding noise..front end..left turn..brakes

I have a 2005 chevy cavalier. I hear a grinding noise in the front end only when making a left turn at speed and applying brakes. No noise is heard any other time.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer.

I would look at the brake pads and see how low they are. Also check the hub bearings to see if they are worn.

Mr. GoodWrench

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dan Thank you The brake pads look fine. is it possible that it is the abs in any way?
Does it make the Noise when you go down the highway and turn the wheel to the left without Steppers on the brake?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no it makes no noise except when brakes are applied during left turn at speed of 20 to 35 mph

Even though the brake pads look good they might still make noise if the are Semi Metallic brake pads. Sometimes there will be larger pieces of metal in the pads, remove the pads and inspect them to see if you see anything in them. If there is any metal remove it with a pick and sand the brake pads slightly before reinstalling them. Then Road test it.

Mr. GoodWrench