stin1974
stin1974, Transmission Tech
Experience:  Chevy Transmission Tech
2267585

How do i adjust the hydraulic clutch in a chevy 1500 pickup

how do i adjust the hydraulic clutch in a chevy 1500 pickup
Category: Chevy
Expert:  stin1974 replied 7 years ago.
What is the problem you are having? Not enough pedal? Did you have anything done to the vehicle prior to this happening?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not enough pedal. releases just off the floor. i just purchasd this pckup and don't know much about it yet.
Expert:  stin1974 replied 7 years ago.
I would suggest trying to bleed the pedal. There ron a hydrolic clutcg. You do this the same way you would bleed a brake system. Pump up the clutch about 10-15 times, hold pedal to the floor and crack open the bleeder on the slave cylinder(on transmission). repeat and see if you can get a better pedal. Also remembering to keep the master cylinder full of fluid while doing this. I would also inspect and be sure you are not losing hydrolic fluid anywhere (leaks). If this doesnt work, chances are you may just need the clutch replaced if it has a lot of miles on it. Its worth a try to bleed the system though.