MasterTechMerlin, Certified Technician, Diesel or Gas
Experience:  Master Certification, Vehicle Electronics and Engine Controls a specialty....

How do you remove the glove box latch assembly from an 85

How do you remove the glove box latch assembly from an '85 Chevy trucK. I have the non-locking type (no key).
Category: Chevy
Expert:  MasterTechMerlin replied 7 years ago.
Good morningCustomer

If you open the glovebox and look "down the edge" of the face of it, looking "down the edge" from the top, where the latch is, you will see a small slot just above the latch. Inside that slot is the edge of a clip that holds the latch in place (similiar to a door lock, if you have ever had one apart) If you take a flat bladed screwdriver (fairly small) you should be able to use it to reach into the slot and move the clip towards the "outside" of the slot. Once you get the clip off, the latch will fall into your hand...

Hope tihs helps you...
Good luck, and if you need any further assistance, please dont hesitate to ask....

Let me know how it goes...

Thank you for using JA