BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH

My GMC yukon Denali wont start

3 weeks ago my 2007 denali would not start. The battery was not low and all other electronics were working. But turn the key and nothing. Towed it to the dealer and by the time they got to it she started right up. For the next three mornings the same thing happen. Then it just went away for 2 weeks. Then all of sudden something. Had it towed to the dealer and it suddenly works again. It is not sending them any error codes and batter is fine. They look at me like i am crazy and tell me to just let happen again and get it in so they can see what the problem is.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 years ago.
Hello kirkfoster, when the vehicle would not start did it crank over or did it act dead? If it was acting dead were you getting any noise when turning the key?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well the lights all came on and it "tinged" like it normally would but then it was just dead. It did not turn over or "click click, click" Like it would for a dead battery. There was nothing. Just dead
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 years ago.
Did the time on the radio change or did anything seem to reset?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing reset, time radio, nothing. I will say that 3 days before my first problem the dealer did a recall on the heated wiper fluid. But they said there is no way related.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the dealer said they checked all the connects and that nothing was loose. They ran test and didn't get any error codes back. Told me if it was the started they would have received error codes.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 years ago.
Okay. The two most common problems I have seen that can cause this on your vehicle is either a problem with the battery terminals or a problem with the vehicles body control module. I am sure that the dealer already checked the terminals. I would ask them to reprogram the BCM. It is common for this module to cause a no starting condition.
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience: ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I spoke to the dealership and they aren't willing to do anything. They want me to leave my truck there until it replicates. Unreal. Your answer may very well be correct so i will accept. Thank you for your time and the help.