michael, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 ASE Cert.; over 20 yrs. exp./18 with GM

Rebuild..a 350 engine id #10054727, need to know if this engine is

Customer Question

looking to rebuild a 350 engine id #10054727, need to know if this engine is for a car or truck. looking to put in a 1989 gmc sierra, is this an engine that will work in my truck
Category: Chevy
Expert:  michael replied 7 years ago.

hello. i've checked several sites and they are split 70/30. 70% list it as a 350 truck engine. and a couple list it to be out of a car... like a caprice. the engine WILL work in your application fine.

without more #'s off of the blocks cylinder head deck surface... that's as specific as i can get. below is an excerpt from one site.

10054727...350...86-up...2 or 4 bolt piece rear seal, some "Made in Canada"

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my 89 gmc is a 4X4, so will the oil filter adapter work on this engine. the filter adapter as you know attachs and make the filter stick out to the side to clear the front wheel drive shaft and transfer case.