Pragueress, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified technician; 25 years experience as an automotive instructor

92 chevy silverado 1500 park brake light stay on already replaced

92 chevy silverado 1500 park brake light stay on already replaced park brake switch what could cause that
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pragueress replied 7 years ago.
Is the pedal resting against the switch? With age those pedals sometimes get sloppy. If you pull up on the parking brake pedal does the light go off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
With park brake off light still stays on no slop in pedal. With brake off level contact switch and break cicuit but light stays on engaged or not.
so if you push the parking brake light switch button in with your fingers the light still stays on? If you disconnect the switch does the light stay on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the light stays on when i pushed it with my finger and disconnected. looking at dimmed but didn't go out.
Then the wire leading to the light is shorted to ground and has to be traced. By the way, the regular brakes do work fine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes regular brakes work fine live in Va and state inspection was rejected becuse light remained on

Okay because that same light would have indicated brake problems. Trace that wire for a short to ground.

Please remeber to hit the accept button or JA won't pay me and let me know if I can be of any more help