99 chevy s10 blazer: 4x4..light flashes, always in 4wd..front axle

Customer Question

99 chevy s10 blazer 4 button electric 4x4, 4hi light flashes, always in 4wd, have changed tc motor and tccm, if i unplug the tccm the front axle releases, does this transfer case have 3 detent positions 2hi, 4hi, 4 lo, moving the transfer case shift by hand i only have 2 detent positions.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Does one of the buttons on this model an AUTO button? Have you been able to determine if there are any trouble codes within the 4wd system?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes it does have the auto button on the dash. when the electric shift motor went out it blew the fuse and locked in 4 lo. i change the shift assemby then the 4hi light has just been blinking and i am in 4hi. the front axle is working properly. If I unplug the tccm I am in 2hi of course with no lights on the buttons. thought the tccm was bad but new didn't change anything. Got to take it in this week to have the codes checked.

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Ok with all that has been done here, I would first recommend clearing the trouble codes within the TCCM to see if that makes any difference at this point. This would be done by pulling the fuse labeled ATC in the underhood electrical center. Remove this fuse and keep it out for 10 minutes and then reinstall. This would allow for you to try to make a shift with no trouble codes. If the light reverts back to the blinking, then the system has encountered a problem once again. The unfortunate thing is that there is no way to retrieve the trouble code on this setup without access to a scan tool. The standard 4wd model allowed for a simple wire jump at the ALDL connector in which would give you the trouble code. If you can access this code, I would be more than happy to further assist you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this is to slow of a format for me and if i wanted to take it to a dealer to get codes they might as well fix it. It is repaired now