I have a 2001 GMC Duramax. At idle, white smoke out of exh

I have a 2001 GMC Duramax. At idle, white smoke out of exhaust.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Are you getting any check engine lights? Has anything been done as far as checking the fuel quality? Does this smoke go away after the engine warms up? Is there any lack of power? Has this duramax ever had injectors replaced? How many miles are on this truck?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
White smoke out of exhaust when idling. Truck has custom dual exhaust so I can see smoke like when I'm stopped at stop light. Smoke goes away when accelerator is pushed. Truck will blow black smoke when pushed to the floor. Truck has 160,500 miles and I had new heads and injectors at 146,500 miles. Had performance chip on truck which caused heads to warp(sp?) Truck runs well and is mainly used to pull horses. I've been buying same fuel.Customer
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Are you seeing any signs of coolant loss? Does the truck seem to start hard?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Let me check the coolant, I've been checking oil and there is no oil consumption. Truck is not hard to start. No engine lights. Will reply 1-20-09 after I check coolant. Thanks,Customer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No noticeable coolant loss.

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. Would you say that this smoke may have more of a blue tint to it? I cannot say that I have seen a duramax blow white smoke without using coolant.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My daughter drives this truck to rodeo in and she said the smoke is darker than white and could be a little bluist(sp?).Customer
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Ok this is for sure a telltale of faulty fuel injectors. This has been a big problem with the Duramax engines. Gm has stepped up and offered a special warranty for this problem. This special policy covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 200,000 miles (320,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership. There is some diagnostic checks to determine this as the problem for sure. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems! Good luck!