GM_MASTER_DENNY
GM_MASTER_DENNY, GM and ASE Master Tech/Shop Foreman
Experience:  Over 15 years experience in automotive repair. GM Mark Of Excellence Winner for several years.
14081360

10 Blazer: motor only blows air..air through..defrost..floor vents

I have a 2000 S-10 Blazer. The heater blower motor only blows air through the defrost and dash vents. When set on floor vents, air blows out defrost vents. I only get warm air when the vehicle is moving. If I stop, the air goes cold. I have already replaced the blend door actuator.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM_MASTER_DENNY replied 8 years ago.

Look under the dash on the driver side toward the center of the dash. You will see a couple of vacuum actuators mounted to the side of the HVAC case. Down at the bottom of the case, there is a linkage that connects to a white lever. Operate the heater mode control while observing the linkages. You will notice the white lever will wobble around. The lever is broken where it attaches to a door.When this happens, the floor vents will not open. You will have to remove the HVAC case to repair this. The parts cost about 30.00.

graphic
View Full Image

Also, make sure you have vacuum to the mode actuator.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will this repair also resolve the problem with the air going cold when the vehicle is not moving?