Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Seventeen years of automotive experience with the past thirteen in General Motors dealerships.
13303789

chevy traverse ltz: problem with the remote starter

i am having a problem with the remote starter im my chevy traverse ltz
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hello haaadil, my name is Mike.

There is a list of reasons that the remote start will not function. I will give two lists, the first is things that you must check before trying to start it.

The vehicle is in valet mode.
More than 2 remote starts have been attempted.
The hazard switch is in the ON position.
The vehicle hood is ajar.

Next is the full list of things that will inhibit remote starting. Most of which will require some service.

A current vehicle DTC that illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)
The vehicle is in valet mode.
A current hazard switch DTC is set.
The vehicle hood is ajar.
A current hood ajar DTC is set.
The CTD system detects an alarm trigger.
Excessive engine RPM
Excessive coolant temperature
Accelerator pedal position greater than 0 percent
Vehicle not in park
Vehicle theft deterrent malfunction
A current automatic transmission shift lock control system DRC is set.
A vehicle speed sensor signal is detected by the ECM.

First lets

verify that the option is enabled and review how the system works.

Turn the ignition on and place the vehicle in P (Park).
To avoid excessive drain on the battery, it is recommended that the headlamps are turned off.

Press the customization button to enter the feature settings menu.
If the menu is not available, FEATURE SETTINGS AVAILABLE IN PARK will display. Before entering the menu, make sure the vehicle is in P (Park).

Press the customization button until REMOTE START appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:

OFF: The remote start feature will be disabled.

ON (default): The remote start feature will be enabled.

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.

To select a setting, press the set/reset button while the desired setting is displayed on the DIC.

Press the customization button until FEATURE SETTINGS PRESS TO EXIT appears in the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to exit the menu.

If you do not exit, pressing the customization button again will return you to the beginning of the feature settings menu.

Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Seventeen years of automotive experience with the past thirteen in General Motors dealerships.