goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified
5720312

2001 Chevy Blazer: a hose to the power steering..V..diagram

I need to change a hose to the power steering on my 2001 Chevy Blazer, V-6. Would you have a diagram you can send to me to help me to this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JA!! sure we can help with this. do you need the instructions for the pressure line? return line? p/s cooler line? or all three??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I guess if you have a diagram for all three, it would be helpful.

sure no problem. hope this helps you out!!

Power Steering Cooler Pipe/Hose Replacement (4.3L)

1. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  2. Install a drain pan under the vehicle.
    Object Number: 395852  Size: SH

3. Disconnect the power steering cooler hose from the power steering pump.
    Object Number: 395851  Size: SH

4. Disconnect the power steering cooler hose from the power steering cooler.
  5. Remove the power steering cooler hose from the vehicle.

Notice: The inlet and outlet hoses must not be twisted during installation. Do not bend or distort the inlet or outlet hoses to make installation easier. Failure to follow these procedures could result in component damage.

1. Install the power steering cooler hose to the vehicle.
    Object Number: 395851  Size: SH

2. Connect the power steering cooler hose to the power steering cooler.

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering cooler hose to the power steering cooler clamp to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Object Number: 395852  Size: SH

3. Connect the power steering cooler hose to the power steering pump.

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering cooler hose to the power steering pump clamp to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

4. Remove the drain pan from under the vehicle.
  5. Install the air cleaner assembly.
  6. Bleed the power steering system

Power Steering Pressure Pipe/Hose Replacement (4.3L)

1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
  2. Remove the steering linkage shield, if equipped.
  3. Install a drain pan under the vehicle.
    Object Number: 395856  Size: SH

4. Disconnect the pressure hose from the power steering pump.
  5. Lower the vehicle.
  6. Remove the air cleaner assembly. Object Number: 395770  Size: SH

7. Disconnect the power steering gear pressure hose from the power steering gear.
  8. Remove the power steering gear pressure hose from the vehicle.

1. Install the power steering gear pressure hose to the vehicle.
    Object Number: 395770  Size: SH

2. Connect the power steering gear pressure hose to the power steering gear.

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering gear pressure hose to the power steering gear to 30 N·m (22 lb ft).

3. Install the air cleaner assembly.
  4. Raise the vehicle.
    Object Number: 395856  Size: SH

5. Connect the power steering gear pressure hose to the power steering pump.

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering gear pressure hose to the power steering pump to 25 N·m (18 lb ft).

6. Remove the drain pan from under the vehicle.
  7. Install the steering linkage shield, if equipped.
  8. Lower the vehicle.
  9. Bleed the power steering system.

Power Steering Return Hose Replacement (4.3L)

1. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
    Object Number: 395852  Size: SH

3. Disconnect the power steering gear return hose from the power steering pump (for vehicles without a power steering cooler).
    Object Number: 597026  Size: SH

4. Disconnect the power steering gear return hose from the power steering cooler, if equipped.
    Object Number: 596927  Size: SH

5. Disconnect the wiring harness clip from the power steering return hose at the power steering gear.
  6. Disconnect the power steering gear return hose from the power steering gear.
  7. Remove the power steering gear return hose from the vehicle.

1. Install the power steering gear return hose to the vehicle.
    Object Number: 596927  Size: SH

2. Connect the power steering gear return hose to the power steering gear.

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering gear return hose to the power steering gear to 30 N·m (22 lb ft).

3. Connect the wiring harness clip to the power steering return hose at the power steering gear.
    Object Number: 597026  Size: SH

4. Connect the power steering gear return hose to the power steering cooler, if equipped.

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering gear return hose to the power steering cooler clamp to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Object Number: 395852  Size: SH

5. Connect the power steering gear return hose to the power steering pump (for vehicles without a power steering cooler).

Tighten
    Tighten the power steering hose clamp to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

7. Install the air cleaner assembly. Engine Controls 4.3L.
  8. Bleed the power steering system.
Experience: Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified