Michael Moore
Experience:  ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.

Pontiac Montana: abs and the Traction control lamps goes..cabin

I have a Chevrolet transport 98, (in US i think the name isXXXXX) , i got a problem with ABS and the Traction control lamps goes on after i started the vechile. I have checked the wheel sensors an they are ok. Some times when i started the engine i can hear a click from the left side of the engine room or maybe in the cabin and the lights goes on. Is there any ABS Relay like in the older versions of GM, and where do i find it? When there is very cold climat outside the car seems to working
with no error and the lamps are not on. Hope you can help me,
Best Regards    Mikael Gustafsson    Stockholm Sweden
Submitted: 7 years ago via
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 7 years ago.

Some times the abs light and trac light come on, on these models (montana/ventru) when there is no abs issue, I have found that the rear brake lamps will be the casue. remove the brake light housings, unplug them from the connector and check the connector terminals on both the tail lamps and the wiring harness. some times they melt causing the brake light power to feed back in to the abs system, check both sides for this concern. If there is no problem, then It's best to get the codes from the abs controller, dont know if any body over there is able to do so.

p.s. GO junoir sweed hockey, beat canada for the gold.