Matt J
Matt J, Chevy Technician
Experience:  10+ years automotive tech, 5 years of experience in a GM dealer

My 2005 trailblazer has the 6 cd player and it is frozen. Cds

My 2005 trailblazer has the 6 cd player and it is frozen. Cd's are in there but nothing will go in or come out. The car battery died and was charged. I don't know if that caused the cd player malfunction or not. What can I do to get the CD's out of the player.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt J replied 5 years ago.

Below is a Techical Service Bulletin to have the dealer do a software updata to try to fix your problem, If this does not fix it then the radio will have to be replaced with an exchange unit. If the dealer does have to exchange it then he old unit will be sent out and in a few week the place that the old unit was sent to will send back the CD's that were stuck in it.

Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Subject:Radio with Six Disc CD Changer Does Not Recognize Loaded CD/Displays An INITIALIZING Message, CD Will Not Play, CD Cannot Be Ejected or Disc Icon Does Not Illuminate (Reprogram Radio) #07-08-44-017 - (08/27/2007)

Models:2005-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2005-2007 Chevrolet Colorado, Express, Silverado Classic, TrailBlazer
2005-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2005-2007 GMC Canyon, Envoy, Savana, Sierra Classic
2005-2006 HUMMER H2
with Six Disc CD Changer Equipped Audio System (RPO UC6)

Condition

Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

The CD loaded in the radio will not play.
The CD loaded in the radio will not eject.
The disc icon on the radio will not illuminate.
The radio displays an "INITIALIZING" message for approximately 30 seconds after vehicle start up.

Correction

Do This

Don't Do This

Reprogram the radio with new operating software.

Do Not replace or exchange radio.

Important: Do not attempt to play CDs with paper labels on them in this CD player. The labels may warp or wrinkle and jam the CD player mechanism. Refer to the Compact Disc Care and Cleaning procedure (Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN in SI for more information.

Technicians are to reprogram the radio with new operating software using the following procedure:

1. If the radio has a CD(s) loaded, it will be necessary to reset the radio and remove them before the radio is reprogrammed. Remove and reinstall the radio fuse to reset the radio and then eject the CD(s). If cycling the power to the radio does not allow the CD(s) to be removed, the radio may have another failure that will not be corrected by the reprogramming procedure that follows. Refer to the Diagnostic Starting Point -- Entertainment procedure in SI to begin your diagnosis of this failure to eject CDs concern before reprogramming the radio.
  2. Reprogram the radio using the Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures and the Radio Programming and Set procedure in SI for more information. As always make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.
  3. Verify proper operation of the radio and make sure that all CDs can be ejected.
Matt J, Chevy Technician
Experience: 10+ years automotive tech, 5 years of experience in a GM dealer