GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Chevy suburban: engine power..oer 30 miles per hour..warning message

03 Chevy suburban reduce engine power warning on, wont let you drive over 30 miles per hr, replaced water pump and reset computer and it still wont let you drive oer 30 miles per hour and the warning message is still being displayed?
WelcomeCustomer Have you had your truck scanned? There should be a code stored in the system. There is something else to check. On the back of the left head there is a black wire that grounds to a bolt with the a ground strap. Pull on the back wire and see if it is solid. This is the ground for the throttle module. I have seen several of these with this wire being broken.

You need not open a second question, I will assist you on this question and I will close the other one. Do you ahve the code number your husband found in the computer? The throttle assembly is not serviceable. If there is any faults, the throttle body will need to be replaced as an assembly. Please post the code so we can diagnose the issue.