John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician

2005 impala: blower motor..hood..the relay and resistor..module

Customer Question

I have a 2005 impala with the 3.4 V-6. The ac/heat blower motor is stuck on one speed and will not turn off unless I pull the 30 amp fuse from under the hood. I have had it looked at and was told to replace the relay and resistor module right beside the blower motor under the dash. I have done this and the blower is still running all the time, even with the car turned off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

You most likely have an internal shorted circuit in the HVAC control module.This should help you ,the module has to be programmed after replacement.

Heater and Air Conditioning Control Replacement

1. Remove the instrument panel trim plate bezel. Object Number: 522103  Size: SH

2. Remove the retaining screws from the HVAC control module.
  3. Pull the HVAC control module out from the instrument panel.
    Object Number: 410369  Size: SH

4. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the HVAC control module.
  5. Remove the HVAC control module from the instrument panel.

Object Number: 410369  Size: SH

Important: The key should be in the off position when connecting the electrical connectors to ensure proper calibration.

1. Connect the electrical connectors to the HVAC control module.
    Object Number: 522103  Size: SH

2. Install the HVAC control module into the instrument panel.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

3. Install the retaining screws to secure the HVAC control module.

Tighten the screws to 1.8 N·m (16 lb in).

4. Install the instrument panel trim plate bezel.

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is calibrating. If interrupted improper HVAC performance will result.

5. Start the engine and run for one minute.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the advice. I will have to try this and hope it corrects the problem.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Ok,I hope you have a good day.HAPPY NEW YEAR !