Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I own a 2004 chevy tracker, the driverside door handle broke

Customer Question

I own a 2004 chevy tracker, the driverside door handle broke when I tired to open the door. Is there any where online where I can download instuction how to remove the door pad and repair the door handle.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 8 years ago.

Here are your instructions :

Object Number: 474189  Size: SH

• Remove the screw which secures the front side door inside handle (1).
  • Slide the inside handle (1) forward in order to release the retaining tabs which secure the handle to the door.
  • Open the front side door inside handle rod retainer and remove the front side door inside handle rod from the inside handle (1).
  • Remove the inside handle (1) from the vehicle.
  •  

• Remove the outside rearview mirror opening cover (2).
  • Remove the screw which secures the front side door pull handle (4).
    Object Number: 352075  Size: SH
  • Use a cloth in order to pull off the snap ring which secures the front side door window regulator handle (1), if equipped.
  • Remove the window regulator handle (1), if equipped.
  • Remove the front side master window switch, if equipped. Object Number: 474189  Size: SH

• Gently pry the front side door trim panel (3) from the front side door by disengaging the plastic retainers which secure the panel.
  • Position the door trim panel (3) away from the door in order to gain access to the front side window switch electrical connector, if equipped.
  • Disconnect the window switch electrical connector, if equipped.
  • Remove the door trim panel (3) from the vehicle.
  • Remove the front side window switch from the door trim panel (3) by releasing the 4 plastic retaining tabs, as needed.
  •  

Object Number: 474184  Size: SH

• Remove the front side door water deflector. Open the front side door outside handle rod retainer (2) and remove the front side door outside handle rod (1) from the front side door outside handle (3).
  • Remove the following components from the door:
    3.1. The 2 bolts
    3.2. The outside handle (3)
  •