Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.

2006 Chevrolet Impala: Troubleshooting Code is P0449

2006 Chevrolet Impala 3900- Troubleshooting Code is P0449. I changed out the fuse caps but the engine light is still on so what do I do next? or what do I need to check so that the engine light will go off?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Arench replied 7 years ago.
Greetings. This fault is an emissions system problem. Most times you will need to take it to the shop. This specific trouble is pointing to a evap canister vent solenoid. Usually this is a bad vent solenoid or a broken wire going to it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can you show me a diagram of the solenoid vent so I can check and see if the wire is broke, if not then I will take it to a shop.
Expert:  Arench replied 7 years ago.
You would need a lift. The vent solenoid is near the evap canister which is tucked up into the body by the gas tank. I dont' think you can even see the wires without pulling the canister down.