Billy
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector

Change out fuel injectors on a 96 chevy K1500 350 vortec eng?

Customer Question

How do you change out fuel injectors on a 96 chevy K1500 350 vortec eng?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
hello and welcome to just answer.

First you will need to remove the uper intake manifold.
  1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
  2. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  3. Remove the vacuum brake booster hose, if equipped.
  4. Disconnect the throttle and cruise control cables (if equipped). Refer to Accelerator Controls Cable Replacement in Engine Controls.
  5. Remove the throttle cable bracket and set it aside.
  6. Remove the following electrical connectors:
  7. The SCPI injector harness connector
    The canister purge solenoid
    The ignition control module (ICM)
    The generator
    The idle air control (IAC) motor
    The oxygen (O² sensor)
    The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve
    The engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
  8. Disconnect the fuel pipes from the fuel pipes.
  9. Remove the distributor cap and reposition it out of the way.
  10. Remove the PCV valve.
  11. Remove the wiring support bracket at the rear of the manifold.
  12. Remove the canister purge valve.
  13. Remove the studs holding the upper intake manifold.
  14. Remove the upper intake manifold.
  15. Clean all surfaces.
Object Number: 31649  Size: SH
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
then you can start removing the injectors as an assembly.

Caution: Unless directed otherwise, the ignition and start switch must be in the OFF or LOCK position, and all electrical loads must be OFF before servicing any electrical component. Disconnect the negative battery cable to prevent an electrical spark should a tool or equipment come in contact with an exposed electrical terminal. Failure to follow these precautions may result in personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure .

3. Object Number: 371189  Size: SH

4. Remove the electrical connector to the fuel meter body.

5. Object Number: 371194  Size: SH

6. Remove the fuel feed and the return hoses from the engine fuel pipes.
  7. Remove the upper manifold assembly.
  8. Squeeze the poppet nozzle locking tabs together while lifting the nozzle out of the casting socket.
  9. Remove the fuel meter body from the bracket by releasing the lock tabs on the bracket.
  10. Important: When disconnecting the poppet nozzles, remember the sequence in order to ensure correct poppet nozzle placement to each cylinder.

11. If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
    Best regards,
    Billy.
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
hello,
you have posted in the wrong place, I will try to answer your question in about a few hours. sorry I need to be somewhere right now.

Billy.