JOHN
JOHN, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15YEAR WORKING ON AROUND CHEVY {GM CERT TECH}
11259967

My engine is overheating. I have a 2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L.

My engine is overheating. I have a 2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L. I replaced the thermostat but that didnt work. I also made sure to bleed the system of air too. What else could be wrong and how do I fix it? I was having symptoms about a week before it decided to completely fail and heard a whooshing noise once it decided to let coolant flow.

HICustomer

DOES THE FANS WORK

AND HOW DID YOU BLEED THE AIR IN SYSTEM

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, the fans do work last I checked. I didn't hear them kick on after I installed the new therm though. I did install it correctly as I double checked the orientation of it before cinching everything up.

I bled the system by the air bleed valve on the thermo housing and also the one right after the water pump. I had the car running and let it warm up while I did it. Once I saw coolant start coming out, I shut the valve.

OK LET VEHICLE COOL DOWN AND OPEN BLEEDER BY WATER PUMP

FILL COOLANT UNTIL FLOWS OUT OF BLEEDER CLOSE IT UP AND START CAR

AND LET ME KNOW FROM THERE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok will do... be back in about 15 minutes or so...

OK LETT ME KNOW

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Alright man you are awesome! It worked like a charm... got hot air coming out my vents and she's regulating temp. Thanks for the info! Guess I just didnt bleed it quite right. You saved me a trip to the shop.