How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GMTechBernard Your Own Question
GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman - GM World Class Tech
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 2158
Experience:  GM
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
GMTechBernard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you change a thermostat on a 1998 Chevrolet Venture

Customer Question

How do you change a thermostat on a 1998 Chevrolet Venture
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GMTechBernard replied 8 years ago.

Hello! Service Information reccomends that you remove the exhaust crossover, to access the two 13mm bolts holding the thermostat housing in place. The exhaust crossover is below the throttlebody, above the transmission.




However, in this business, time is money, and I have found that with alot of patience, I can use a 13mm wrench and my skinny arms to work around the exhaust crossover (make sure its not hot!) and maneuver it out, without exhaust removal (its very tricky!)




Please let me know if you need additional assistance!