goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

1999 Olds Bravada: relay..the AWD light comes on by the glove box

Customer Question

1999 Olds Bravada the Service AWD light is blinking on and off while I am driving it never stays on longer than a second or two. I can hear a relay or switch close just before the AWD light comes on by the glove box. What is the cause?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 7 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to JA!! there are several faults than can cuse this to occur. the first place to start is to have the awd module scanned for codes. a trouble code would give us a better idea what the problem is.

If there is anything you dont understand, Please ask me to explain.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can you get the AWD faults from the same location that the engine fault codes come from or is there a differant port?

you get the codes from the awd module at the same port as the engine. but not all codes readers will retrieve these codes. this code is usually is read with a high end scan tool. like the GM tech 2 scan tool.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will get the codes read and get back to you with the codes.
Great let me know, I am sure we can help. just post me the code. and we will go from there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I only have one car so its hard to get the codes checked, if you could give me some possible problems I will pay.