ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

What causes rocker arm bolts to pull loose

what causes rocker arm bolts to pull loose
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Chevy?
-What model is your Chevy?
-What type of engine is in your Chevy?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It's a 2003 Chevy Impala four door sedan. With a 3.4 liter, 100 horse power V6.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Did you get the additional info. My husband says that it is a 180 horsepower V6, not 100.

Sorry

These usually pull loose because of either being over tightened form the factory or over tightened when a head is replaced.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
We have 53,000 miles on the car. Is that an over tightening at the factory because, until October 2008, we have not had any engine work done on/to the car.
It is a common problem if they are pulling out on the same side I would have all of them helicoiled on that side. After replacing the heads (heads cracked) on my wifes van with the same engine I would not suggest anyone keeping a vehicle with this engine past 70,000 miles.