John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician

Silverado 2500 hd: i need remove the fan clutch..chevy pickup..diesel

Customer Question

i need remove the fan clutch for chevy pickup silverado 2500 hd 2005 / engine 6.6 diesel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This should help you.

Fan Clutch Replacement (5.7L and 6.5L)

Special Tools Required

Fan Clutch Wrench and Spanner
Fan Clutch Wrench

Caution: Do not use or attempt to repair a damaged cooling fan assembly. Replace damaged fans with new assemblies. An unbalanced cooling fan could fly apart causing personal injury and property damage.

1. Remove the upper fan shroud.
  2. Remove the accessory drive belt. Object Number: 362333  Size: SH

3. Use the special tools in order to remove the fan and the clutch on the 5.7L .

Use the Spanner in order to hold the Pulley.

4. Use the special tool in order to remove the fan and the clutch on the 6.5L.

Object Number: 362335  Size: SH

5. Remove the fan blade assembly from the clutch.

Tools Required

Fan Clutch Wrench and Spanner
Fan Clutch Wrench

Object Number: 362335  Size: SH

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

1. Install the fan blade to the clutch.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 23 N·m (17 lb ft).

Object Number: 362333  Size: SH

2. Use the special tools in order to tighten the fan and clutch on the 5.7L.

Use the Spanner to hold the pulley.

3. Use special tools in order to tighten the fan and clutch on the 6.5L.

Use the Spanner in order to hold the pulley.

Tighten

Tighten the 5.0L and 5.7L fan clutch nut to 56 N·m (41 lb ft).
    Tighten the 6.5L fan clutch nut to 59 N·m (44 lb ft).

4. Install the accessory drive belt. Install the upper fan shroud.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello my friend the engine for this truck is 6.6 diesel duramax chevy silverado 2500 year 2005
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Ok,here is the info for that engine.

Fan Clutch Replacement

special tools

Fan Clutch Remover and Installer
Fan Clutch Wrench

Object Number: 362333  Size: SH

1. Remove the upper fan shroud. Install the special tool to the fan clutch.
    Object Number: 367004  Size: SH

2. Remove the fan hub nut from the water pump in a counterclockwise rotation.
    Object Number: 367006  Size: SH

3. Remove the fan clutch bolts from the rear of the fan blade.
  4. Separate the fan clutch from the fan blade.

Object Number: 721992  Size: SH

1. Install the fan clutch bolts from the rear of the fan blade.

2. Install the fan clutch bolts.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 23 N·m (17 lb ft).

Object Number: 367004  Size: SH

3. Install the fan assembly.
    Object Number: 362333  Size: SH

4. Install the holding tool to the fan clutch.

Tighten
    Tighten the nut clockwise to 56 N·m (41 lb ft).

5. Install the upper fan shroud.