RICK
RICK, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 YEARS GM DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE, JUST A FEW TESTS BEFORE GM WORLD CLASS STATUS
13057657

2000 chevy cavalier: metal pipe..coolant..passenger side..manifold

2000 chey cavalier 2.2 engine. what is the name of the metal pipe, coolant runs through. it comes out of the engine on the passenger side below the head, goes around the front of the engine above the manifold, and then a heater hose and radator hose connect to it. it is about 20 inches long, and has a 90 degree bend in it where it come out of the engine.

hiCustomer

called coolant bypass tube, some actually on some cars have air bleeder screw built into it for bleeding air from cooling system, yes they do rot out, quite often , some rot from inside from lack of replacing coolant, some rust away from outside..pipe only available from dealer, not to badly priced..

If you find my help useful, please accept it so that I can get credit for it. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com and please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Positive feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.....Rick

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you,!!!!! I have been going crazy trying to find out about this part. it seems it was only used for a few years in cavaliers.
your welcome, thanks for using JustAnswer.com....rick