RICK, ASE Certified Technician

why does my ecm fuse keep blowing on my 1986 chevy s-10??

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-How many miles are on your Chevy?
-What type of engine is in your Chevy?
i can check for bulletins and look at wire diagram.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it has 148000 miles and a 2.8l it is 4x4 no a/c no power windows or locks. just your basic pickup.

hi joprys1,

there are couple ecm fuses which one blows? do you know, heres wire diagrams for ecm.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
before i accept, it is ecm b that keeps blowing. so what are the most common reasons, so i know where to start in the morning? i would rather take it easy tomorrow instead of chasing wires. maybe give me some ideas or starting points? that would probably help out the most.

hi Customer,

thats a good thing ecm b controls fuel pump relay circuit, could be relay internal fault, can switch with another relay in relay center to eliminate relay, next thing is oil pressure switch wiring gets hot by exhaust or rubs through, rots out by sensor, causing wire to ground out blowing fuse , this is most common problem.. i'll help you through this as best i can...