frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,

99 chevy: sensor..coil..#1 to TDC and aligned dist

I have a 99 chevy 2500 5.7 vortec, quit running, found distributor gear worn bad, replaced with complete new distributor, cam sensor, plugs, wires, ignition module and coil. brought #1 to TDC and aligned dist and all that. Got spark to plugs, still wont run. Poured gas into throttle body and truck runs. 60lbs fuel pressure on the rail, pump runs when key is turned on, no codes set. what next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  frank replied 7 years ago.
As long as its 60 psi cranking-either you have a problem with the theft deterent or the poppet nozzles on the injectors are stuck shut.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont see how the theft deterrent would come into play if the truck runs when I pour gas into the throttle body. as for the poppets, would all of them be bad, or would one cause the problem? I have never had this type of SFI apart, but I understand some people have had problems with the spider assembly, and why cant you just clean the lines and install new o rings. as for the original distributor problem, I cant believe that I would have two different problems at the same time. I need more info.
Expert:  frank replied 7 years ago.
I am going off of what YOU have said-the thefet deterent cuts the fuel control off-the poppets you cannot disassemble and you need 60 psi of fuel pressure cranking.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The answer I received was not helpful and getting information is like pulling teeth.

I am not satisfied with this site and probably not use it again. I like someone who will ask certain questions to get certain results. not just saying it probably this. Which in this case was not helpful.

Expert:  frank replied 7 years ago.
The information was given to you as you need at least 60 psi of fuel pressure.If you have that its either a stuck poppet nozzle or theft deternt-YOUR TRUCK has a factory theft deterent that cuts fuel off when activated-if you donot have a fuel pressure gauge or a scanner to see if its in theft deteren,and then perform a injector balance there there is nothing more that I can tell you.You need to work with me- I dont not know what you have done except what you have told me.The problem you are having could have been your orignal problem and nit the distributor.