Billy
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
12771247

1998 5.7 torque sequence for intake manifold

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
helloCustomerand welcome to just answer.

to give you the correct info i would need the model of the vehicle please.

best regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Billy,it's a 98 gmc sierra p/u ,2 whl,sle
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey billy ,did you get it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I take it as a no sequence on tighting bolts of the intake?
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,
I hope this information will help you.

If you feel my answer was helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. Feedback & Bonuses are always welcome.
Best regards,
Billy.

Intake Manifold Installation

Object Number: 38512  Size: SH

Notice: Apply the proper amount of the sealant when assembling this component. Excessive use of the sealant can prohibit the component from sealing properly. A component that is not sealed properly can leak leading to extensive engine damage.

Important: The lower intake manifold must be installed and the fasteners tightened while the adhesive is still wet to the touch.

1. Apply a 4.0 mm (0.157 in) patch of adhesive GM P/N United States 12346141, GM P/N Canada 10953433, or equivalent, to the cylinder head side of the lower intake manifold gasket at each end.
  2. Install the lower intake manifold gasket onto the cylinder head.
  3. Use the gasket locator pins in order to properly seat the lower intake manifold gasket onto the cylinder head.

Object Number: 26744  Size: SH

Important: All sealing surfaces must be clean, free of oil, dirt, or any other foreign material.

4. Apply a 5 mm (0.197 in) bead of adhesive GM P/N United States 12346141, GM P/N Canada 10953433, or equivalent, to the front top of the engine block.
  5. Extend the adhesive bead 13 mm (0.50 in) onto the each lower intake manifold gasket.

6. Object Number: 26743  Size: SH

7. Apply a 5 mm (0.197 in) bead of adhesive GM P/N United States 12346141, GM P/N Canada 10953433, or equivalent, to the rear top of the engine block.
  8. Extend the adhesive bead 13 mm (0.50 in) onto each lower intake manifold gasket.

9. Object Number: 66456  Size: SH

10. Install the lower intake manifold onto the engine block and the cylinder heads.
  11. Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

12. Apply threadlock GM P/N United States 12345382, GM P/N Canada 10953489, or equivalent, to the threads of the lower intake manifold bolts.

13. Object Number: 500689  Size: SH

Notice: Proper lower intake manifold fastener tightening sequence and torque is critical. Always follow the tightening sequence, and torque the intake manifold bolts using the 3 step method. Failing to do so may distort the crankshaft bearing bore alignment and cause damage to the crankshaft bearings.

14. Install the lower intake manifold bolts.
    1. Tighten the bolts on the first pass in sequence (1-8) to 3 N·m (27 lb in).
    2. Tighten the bolts on the second pass in sequence (1-8) to 12 N·m (106 lb in).
    3. Tighten the bolts on the final pass in sequence (1-8) to 15 N·m (11 lb ft).
  15. Tighten

Object Number: 317211  Size: SH

16. Connect the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge solenoid valve harness.
  17. 10.1. Push the elbow inward until the quick connect snaps into place.
    10.2. Pull the elbow outward in order to ensure proper connection.
Billy, Chevrolet tecnician
Experience: Over 25 years experience,GM grand master for 8 years,certified smog and government safety inspector
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
Did the information work for you?

Best regards,
Billy.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am confused on #9, 1.installing bolts(1-8)27 in lb.2.106 in.lbs.3.11ft.lb.Can you convert #1and 2 to ft.lb.?
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
27in lb =2.25 ft lb
106in lb=8.3 ft lb
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
you are welcome.